For Mardi Gras, most people have one thing on their minds: let the good times roll. However, in addition to the good times, there are also some safety risks that may arise in the wake of Fat Tuesday. To ensure you get the most enjoyment out of the festivities, here are some tips to keep you safe during Carnival season.
- Be sure to keep your guard up for beads and other throws, as these objects could be painful on impact.
- Stay behind all barricades during the parade and refrain from moving, tampering, standing, or sitting on the barricades.
- Do not approach a float unless it is stopped, and never reach under a float for a throw. Additionally, never run in-between or chase floats for beads or throws.
- Watch out for beads underfoot that may cause risk of falling.
- When using a ladder, be sure to place the ladder at least an equal distance from the curb. Also, do not place ladders in intersections, medians, or between curbs of public streets.
- Use caution when crossing the parade route.
- If you think you may consume alcohol, designate a driver and be mindful of your limits.
The attorneys at Broussard, David & Moroux have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle cases of this nature and will fight to obtain fair compensation for your injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered harm because of the fault of another, contact the attorneys at Broussard, David & Moroux to discuss your legal rights at (337) 233-2323 (local) or (888) 337-2323 (toll-free).